Thursday 5 March 2009

No, no, no, no, no

Just a quick message to those concerned about the recent madness in Lahore: I'm fine.

That, and I've just been informed that the charity want to fund a different project to the one I prioritised in my October report on the basis that cost-to-people benefiting ratio is more important that severity of need. Arggghhhhhh.... Not happy. I spoke to the main decision-maker and he was adamant that the financial argument was the main one for them. I expressed my concern with this criteria, but fear I got nowhere. Personally, I think it is more worthwhile funding a project for fewer people who do not get any water than one for more people whose system is in need of repair when the cost is essentally the same. Having seen the condition of the smaller village, I just do not know how they need is less.

Charity work can suck when the real-life aspect of assessing needs is overruled by theroretical arguments.

Pheh!

The long and short of it is that it may not be possible to start a project because I'm still arguing the toss on this one :-s

Wish me luck!!

No comments: